Back, neck, spine and joint pain are easy to come by; fortunately, these common issues can be treated in many forms. New York chiropractor Dr. Barry Goldstein works to achieve not only a successful treatment, but with his advice, knowledge, and chiropractic work, the pursuit of permanent pain relief. Dr. Barry uses his healing processes of Kinesiology, chiropractic care, and nutritional guidance to prove that his methods work and stand the test of time.
As a patient, we all strive for the proper care of our injuries. With the scientific help of Kinesiology, Dr. Barry Goldstein will lead you down the road to recovery the safe and correct way. He provides you with his expertise, aimed at not only improving your overall health, but preventing your injury from reoccurring.
The difference between Dr. Goldstein’s process and other New York chiropractors is his key focus on a nutritional diet. Alone, chiropractic care can give you relief from day-to-day pain. Coupled with Dr. Barry’s nutritional guidance, it can lead to permanent pain loss of current injuries, and even lead to the prevention of future injuries. This is called preventative living.
Preventative living is what Dr. Goldstein strives for with all his patients. With the combination of Kinesiology, proper nutrition, and chiropractic care, you are guaranteed to see the results and pain relief in which you are pursuing. At the end of the process, you will not only be thankful for choosing Dr. Barry Goldstein, but you will come out feeling fully recovered with the knowledge to live a healthier, more energetic lifestyle.
No other New York Chiropractor provides the variety of specialties that Dr. Barry Goldstein does. For acute pain care, proactive care, and wellness care, contact us today.
Sciatica is condition that causes pain in the back, hip, and outer side of the leg. Sciatica is caused by compression of the largest nerve in the body, the sciatic nerve, which begins in the lower back and travels down the buttock and the length of the leg.
Sciatica can occur suddenly and be a painfully debilitating new experience, or it can be a recurring condition that you have lived with for many years. Dr. Barry Goldstein, a clinical nutritionist in Times Square, realizes that often, sciatica is treated with varying anti-inflammatories and over-the-counter medications. What most people who suffer from sciatica do not realize is that clinical nutrition is a powerful tool when combating sciatica.
A high percentage of sciatica sufferers are able to relieve their pain by altering their diets. Follow the below diet tips to alleviate sciatic nerve pain through clinical nutrition:
- Sometimes, sciatica can be triggered by poor diet that causes constipation. You should incorporate fiber rich foods and add a lot of fruits and vegetables in order to prevent constipation.
- Oily fish such as salmon and halibut that are rich in omega 3 fatty acids
- Fresh pineapples and berries are anti-inflammatories that aid in healing and also boost the immune system
- Drink 2-3 cups of green tea
- Add turmeric, ginger, and garlic to your meals
- B-Vitamins are very important to take in when suffering from sciatic nerve pain, and can be found in green peas, spinach, navy beans, nuts, bananas, etc.
- Foods rich in A-Vitamins such as dairy products, dark leafy vegetables, orange colored fruits, eggs, and oily fish.
- Foods rich in C-Vitamins, especially citrus and tomatoes
- K-Vitamins sources such as broccoli and spinach
- Drink plenty of water, between 1.5-3 liters a day
What to avoid:
- Clinical nutritionists in Times Square recommend cutting out animal products besides oily fish for the first two weeks.
- Avoid foods that contain sunflower oil, corn oil, sesame oil, margarine, and partially hydrogenated oil.
- Stay away from stressor foods such as caffeine, processed food, soda, refined sugars, and chocolate.
Alcohol and cigarettes also produce a stress reaction in the body, so be sure to stay away from those products as well.
Not only is going to a Midtown clinical nutritionist one of the best ways to make sure your body is getting everything it needs to heal itself, but it is also one of the best ways to alleviate back pain or neck pain. Make sure that your body is running just as nature intended with this list of the four foods you need in your nutrition program.
1. Brown Rice. If the main goal of your nutrition program is to fight off signs of irritable bowel syndrome, then whole grains is a must. Not only are whole grains a great source of magnesium, which helps relax the blood vessels, muscles, and nerves, but they are also beneficial for weight management.
2. Soy Protein. One study revealed that those who ate 40 grams of soy protein per day had less pain than those who didn’t. Your Midtown clinical nutritionist will be able to give you suggestions on how to incorporate soy protein into your diet, such as with soy beans and soy milk.
3. Cherries. Containing chemicals named anthocyanins that fight inflammation the same way aspirin does, cherries need to be a staple in your nutrition program.
4. Pineapples. Any Midtown clinical nutritionist will attest to the fact that pineapple reduces pain in patients with knee osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis, as well as lowers swelling in those with carpal tunnel syndrome.
When you stand up, does your couch have an imprint of your body embedded on the cushions? And do you perpetually turn down plans due to chronic lower-back pain? If you answered yes to any of the aforementioned questions, then it’s time to snap out of it and make your first appointment with a Midtown chiropractor.
Spend the rest of the summer months pain-free and outside; simply check out this guide to the three secrets no one tells you about back pain.
1. Clinical nutrition can do wonders for your chronic back pain. That’s right, by giving your body the right nutrition, it has the tools needed to alleviate back pain. Start by getting rid of caffeine, alcohol, or dairy for a couple of weeks, and then add it back into your diet. If your back pain gets worse when you add back a specific type of food, then that could be the main source of your problem.
2. Your back pain will improve with exercise. According to one study, people with recurring back pain reduced their pain levels by 45% with two exercise classes a week. If this is the case, then plan a visit with your Midtown chiropractor; they will be able to help you figure out which exercises will help get rid of your back pain.
3. Back pain isn’t caused by back muscles. A strain or injury to the spine, specifically to one of the five motion segments in the lower back, is the main culprit of chronic back pain. Once at your appointment with your Midtown chiropractor, they should be able to target the main source of back pain and provide you with some much-needed relief.
Regardless if have your bag packed for a weekend in the Hamptons, or plan to stroll along the Seine in France, most summer trips come with vacation weight gain. Luckily, there are little things you can do in order to make sure your getaway does not completely throw off your diet.
Stay fit through summer with these clinical nutrition tips to avoid vacation weight gain.
- Eat a healthy breakfast. Set the tone for the whole day and avoid unwanted vacation weight gain by opting for a controlled breakfast. If you have extravagant breakfast plans, then eat something beforehand; that way, you will take the edge off your hunger so you can make better decisions when ordering.
- Pack your own snacks. Chances are you have broken this clinical nutrition rule of thumb more times than you are willing to admit. However, by packing a protein-filled snack, such as raw nuts, you will save yourself from choosing an unhealthy snack out of sheer hunger.
- Take the scenic route. The best way to avoid vacation weight gain is to take the long way – literally! Turn your summer getaway into an adventure by opting to walk to dinner, race to the beach, or ride bikes to the museum. Regardless of where your trip takes you, there are plenty of opportunities to get moving.
- Visit the grocery store. What better way to manage your clinical nutrition than by loading up on healthy food options? Keep healthy foods on hand, like hummus, fruits, veggies, and whole grain crackers; this way, you will reach for a smart snack instead of the room service menu the next time hunger strikes.
There’s no better time to start thinking about your health and well-being like the present. Many of us let the chaos of life take the steering wheel and we force our health and nutrition to take the backseat. It’s usually not until health and nutrition start kicking and screaming in the backseat that we pull over and start taking the reins back. Basic health and wellness starts with proper diet and nutrition. A clinical nutritionist may be the perfect expert to help you get your health back on track. Here are some signs or reasons you may want to visit a clinical nutritionist in New York City:
If you have diabetes, cardiovascular issues, or high blood pressure. A clinical nutritionist can pinpoint which foods may be giving you the most problems in relation to these health-related issues and suggest foods that can help reduce or eliminate these problems.
If you are experiencing digestive problems. While some digestive issues are seldom and may not seem like an overwhelming issue, others maybe be more serious and cause extreme discomfort. Issues like diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, acid reflux, heartburn, and indigestion can be treated with a proper diet and nutrition plan provided by a clinical nutritionist.
If you need to gain or lose weight. A clinical nutritionist in New York City can recommend the best combination of food, exercise, and nutritional supplements for a healthy weight gain or a restricted-calorie diet strategy that fits best with your lifestyle.
If you want to increase energy and improve mood. Proper diet and nutrition, along with correct supplementation can drastically help to increase energy and boost overall mood. Eliminating excess fats, sugars, and carbohydrates can aid to reduce blood sugar fluctuations, thus resulting in a more balanced mood and level of energy.
If you are in the New York City area contact Dr. Barry Goldstein, clinical nutritionist and chiropractor, and get started on improving your health and wellness today!
Chiropractors speak to people suffering from back pain and neck pain daily, and Dr. Barry Goldstein, a Times Square chiropractor, is no different. People seek chiropractic services every day in the U.S. One thing that separates Dr. Goldstein from his chiropractor peers is his multiple areas of expertise. The expert Times Square chiropractor combines his experience as a licensed chiropractor and his knowledge in clinical nutrition to heal the body while avoiding the use of drugs and surgery.
These unique perspectives have aided Dr. Goldstein in healing his patients. For years, the connection to nutrition and posture has been commonly understood. For example, without calcium we would not have the strong healthy bones that we need to keep us from slumping over. Although that maybe the most obvious connection between chiropractic services and nutrition, it is not the only one.
Carrying excessive weight in key places on our body can have an effect on our posture. Diets lacking in vitamin D and C have been linked to osteoporosis; and poor nutrition leads to low energy and thus more natural slumping in general. On a deeper level, our diets and the supplements we take have an effect on our posture and our overall wellbeing.
For any medical practitioner, the number one priority is the health and wellbeing of patients. Dr. Barry Goldstein is a provider of chiropractic and nutrition services in Times Square and Midtown West. Combining these two disciplines, Dr. Goldstein hopes to make a difference in the lives of the people he sees every day.