New York chiropractor, Dr. Barry Goldstein, answer what to expect from a chiropractor, and gives advice to potential new patients.
Industry experts can attest that a question we hear a lot is, What does a Chiropractor do? Though some people have a common understanding of what chiropractors do, their general knowledge does not reach deeper than the surface level. Long time practicing New York chiropractor, Dr. Barry Goldstein, is in the perfect position to crack this question wide open.
But First – Do Not Be Nervous!
No matter what you have been told about what to expect from a chiropractor, remember that your visit is meant to be a helpful and healing. If Dr. Barry Goldstein is the first New York chiropractor you are seeing, you are in good hands.
Dr. Barry Goldstein has over 20 years of experience, and combines nutrition, kinesiology, and chiropractic to ensure that each patient receives the healing touch they need.
The Chiropractic Exam
Much like any other medical visit, your first visit to a chiropractor will begin with a consultation. This is the perfect time to voice concerns and discuss treatment. What to expect from a chiropractor is closely aligned with what you want and what you communicate.
Be open and honest. Dr. Barry Goldstein has been a New York chiropractor for two decades, meaning he has heard and seen it all. The health and confidence of his patients is of the utmost importance to him.
Dr. Barry Goldstein will examine your back and assess your treatment needs based on what is discovered and what is communicated with him.
A treatment plan will be made based on the visit between you and your doctor.
Pregnancy is a beautiful time for an expecting mother, however it can bring plenty of pain and discomfort, including morning sickness and backaches. The natural adjustments of the body during pregnancy can add stress to a woman’s spine, but studies show 80 percent of women don’t receive treatment for pregnancy related pains. Many women assume it is a natural part of pregnancy that cannot be avoided, but this is not the case. Chiropractic care during pregnancy can be beneficial for both an expecting mother and her baby.
- Dr. Barry can help pregnant women avoid lower back pain and sciatica pain – inflammation of the nerves that run from the lower back down the legs and feet.
- Babies in the breech position are at risk for birth complications. New York chiropractors use techniques based around breech babies that show a 82% success rate in repositioning babies from breech to cephalic positions.
- Undergoing chiropractic care can significantly increase a mother’s quality of sleep. Studies show the amount of sleep a woman receives directly correlates with the amount of time she spends in labor. Pregnant women that receive chiropractic care typically experience 25% less time in labor.
- Pain during the first pregnancy typically indicates pain in future pregnancies, so addressing it with chiropractic care during pregnancy can have long-lasting benefits.
Pain is an inevitable part of a pregnancy. Taking pain medications to minimize discomfort can be extremely harmful to your developing baby. Try Dr. Barry’s chiropractic care during pregnancy for safe and natural pain relief.
If severe enough, back pain caused by injuries, accidents, or muscle strains can take a toll on one’s health and the lifestyle in which they lead. Luckily, chiropractic services, such as Dr. Barry Goldstein’s Midtown West chiropractic office, can provide patients experiencing back pain the relief they need to maintain quality of life.
At Dr. Barry’s Times Square chiropractic office, he treats patients with back pain through chiropractic adjustments and clinical nutrition. If you are a new patient, Dr. Barry will first go over your medical history and perform a physical examination during a scheduled consultation. He may also review any available lab tests or imaging that could be related to your back pain.
Depending on the results of your consultation, Dr. Barry Goldstein will create an individualized treatment plan for you. Your treatment plan will likely include a series of chiropractic adjustments, during which Dr. Barry will use spinal manipulation to properly align your body’s spine.
The ultimate goal of the spinal manipulation and adjustments performed by Dr. Barry is to enable your body to heal and provide relief from your back pain.
Along with chiropractic adjustments, Dr. Barry also offers clinical nutrition in his Times Square chiropractic office. He believes that pairing spinal manipulation with all-natural, whole foods can help a patient find relief from severe back pain faster than receiving adjustments alone.
Through Dr. Barry Goldstein’s clinical nutrition program, you will receive a personalized nutrition plan that focuses on healing your back pain by eating organically grown, vitamin-enriched foods.
If you are interested in receiving services from Midtown West chiropractor, Dr. Barry, and want to schedule a consultation, call our office at (212) 247-4330.
Midtown West Chiropractor, Dr. Barry Goldstein, receives patients everyday complaining about neck pain. Aside from receiving regular adjustments, Dr. Goldstein suggests that patients use neck exercises to manage chronic neck pain. A typical neck exercise program will consist of a combination of stretching exercises, aerobic training, and identifying trigger points.
Here are some tips from the chiropractor in Midtown West to use neck exercises to alleviate neck pain:
– Neck stretching. The New York City chiropractor suggests expanding or preserving the range of motion and elasticity of the neck by utilizing flexibility and stretching exercises. These neck exercises can relieve stiffness of the neck that leads to pain. Neck stretching should be practiced every day.
– Strengthening the neck. There are specific neck strengthening exercises that will help maintain posture, which can work to lessen or eliminate chronic flare-ups of pain. Neck strengthening should be practiced every other day in order to allow the muscles time to heal themselves.
– Aerobic training. Aerobic exercises stimulate blood flow to the neck muscles and soft tissue of the neck and upper back, which will loosen the muscles and increase their range of motion. Aerobic training can be practiced every day.
Some additional tips alleviate neck pain are:
- Application of a heating pad prior to exercising; to warm up stiff muscles and joints and make it easier to stretch.
- Apply a cold pack to neck muscles after exercising to reduce inflammation in the joints and muscles.
- Use over the counter medications such as ibuprofen to alleviate neck pain and reduce inflammation.
There are many misconceptions about New York City chiropractic practices and their training. However, many people do not realize that chiropractic programs are incorporated in an entire year of PhD-level advanced nutrition training. Millions of people have experienced the numerous benefits of seeing a chiropractor in New York City for lower back pain.
A study published in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics found that patients who suffer from chronic lower back pain treated by chiropractors showed greater improvement in one month than patients who were treated by general practitioners. Another study published in the British Medical Journal showed that the clinic outcome of chiropractic adjustments resulted in a faster recovery than physiotherapy and family physician care.
Dr. Barry Goldstein is a Garment District chiropractor who prides himself on taking a natural, drugless, and holistic approach to helping his patients alleviate lower back pain. Chiropractic adjustments help place your body in a position where it can heal itself and free your immune system, so that it can focus on keeping you healthy. Dr. Barry Goldstein believes that pain is the body’s way of telling us that something is wrong and that health is the answer to taking care of ourselves. Proper nutrition, exercise, maintaining a positive attitude, along with chiropractic care can bring forth a healthy body inside and out.